Holiday lights never cease to enchant both young and old. Thanks to Mother Nature the snow sets the perfect backdrop for an evening of magic. Throw on some jammies, grab some hot chocolate, and fire up the GPS! Here is an amazing list of must see Christmas Lights for 2018!
FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS IN AURORA; Known as one of the largest free light displays in the Midwest, this light festival is amazing! Admission to the drive through display is free of charge and donations are accepted at the end. The show runs nightly Sunday through Thursday from 5pm to 9pm, Friday and Saturday from 5pm to 10pm. http://www.aurorafestivaloflights.com
BROOKFIELD ZOO: With over one million lights, Brookfield Zoo’s “Holiday Magic” is known as Chicagoland’s largest and longest running lights festival. Holiday magic is held from 4pm-9pm on weekends in December plus Dec. 26 through Dec. 31 and features more than 120 animated light displays, train display, live entertainment, ice carvers, and more. Normal admission fees apply. https://www.czs.org/magic
MORTON ARBORETUM IN LISLE: Now in its sixth year, the “Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum,” is an outdoor one mile walking tour alive with lights, projections, and music among the trees. Concession tents, fire pits, and seating is available along the route. Illumination runs January 1 and is closed on Mondays, Christmas Eve, and Christmas. http://www.mortonarb.org/events/illumination-tree-lights-morton-arboretum
NAPER SETTLEMENT IN NAPERVILLE: Enjoy lighted holiday trees, themed figures, and holiday music as the Naper Settlement is transformed into a winter wonderland right in downtown Naperville. This event is free, but donations are appreciated. While you are there be sure to check out the Christkindlmarket inspired by the original 1500’s Christkindlesmarkt in Nuremberg, German. Enjoy vendors, music, food, and the festive holiday atmosphere. Naper Lights runs Thursdays through Sunday until December 23, 2018 with the Christkindlmarket closing December 24. Check both websites for hours and parking suggestions.
Lehnertz Avenue; Aurora, Illinois – a Biblical telling of the story of Christmas
2689 Wydown Lane, Aurora
Johnsbury Court off Keating Drive and Middlebury Drive
- 42W891 Beith Rd; Elburn, IL 60119. The Larsen House is so spectacular we had to include it on the list despite it being just bit of a drive. This house features a fully themed show which fluctuates depending on traffic. 5:00pm-10:30pm Mon-Thurs; 5:00PM-11:30PM Friday-Sundays.
- All traffic must enter from Anderson road from route 38 or route 64. Please follow directions of traffic controllers, they will guide you into the parking lot.
- 7S771 Dugan Road; Richard Harvest Farms between Rt. 30 and Jericho Roads.
- 716 Bluebird Dr
- 230 Carol Lane
- 1056 Churchill Drive
- 367 Fox Bend Circle
- 252 Laurie Circle
- 503 Monroe Road
- 544 Porter Lane
- 169 Woodlet Lane
Glen Ellyn, Wheaton
- 913 E. Evergreen Street, Wheaton
- 1555 Leabrook Ln, Wheaton
- 21W533 Monticello Rd, Glen Ellyn
- 1016 Addleman St.
- 1703 Cecily Drive
- 3111 Evergreen Drive
- 214 Logan Ave.
- 1203 Morgan St.
- 103 and 115 Sunset Strip
Naperville North of 75th (appx. 1 hour loop)
http://mapq.st/2QqiBII (click here for a ready to go map!)
- 1228 Atlas Lane
- 630 Vicksburg Court in Hobson West subdivision
- 860 Buttonwood Circle
- 866 Buttonwood Circle
- 1222 Oakton Lane
- 859 Raintree Drive
- 417 Berry Drive
- 308 Claremont Court
- 105 Claremont Court
- 94 Ventura Court
- 98 Ventura Court
- 1117 Manchester Court in Brookdale subdivision
- 1326 N. Webster St.
- 735 Bauer Road
- 827 Morven Court
- 426 N. Columbia Street
- 326 S. Sleight Street
- 347 S. Columbia Street
- 1118 E. Gartner Road
- 651 Edward Road
- 1170 Hobson Mill Drive
- 1408 Justin Court
…and if you want to keep on going….
Naperville South of 75th (appx. 1 hr 25 minute loop)
http://mapq.st/2RUj2I4 (click here for a ready to go map of this route!)
- 1509 Riparian Drive
- 93 Bunting Lane
- 8S770 Singletree Lane
- 1109 E. Bailey Road
- 1934 Hidden Bay Court
- 2320 Remington Drive in Farmington subdivision
- 169 Woodlet Lane, Bolingbrook
- 2612 Wild Timothy Rd.
- 2532 Freeland Cir. in Harmony Grove subdivision
- 24546 Killarney Court (Tamarack Fairways)
- 24455 Royal County Down Drive (Tamarack Fairways)
- 2648 Charlestowne Lane in Stillwater Subdivision
- 2331 Simsbury Ct, Naperville, IL 60564
- 28W550 Laurel Drive
- 8S770 Singletree Lane
- 29W012 Shell Lake Drive
- 2915 Sibling Court
- 23341 Rebecca Court
- 1020 Hollingswood Court in Ashbury Subdivision
- 3111 Wolfe Court in Ashbury subdivision
- 1254 Harvest Court
- 2113 Dorval Drive in Willowgate subdivision
- 428 Bayview Ave. (set to holiday music, tune in on the radio to enjoy!
- Springdale Road, Boulder Hill Subdivision (house with lights set to music)
- 603 Forest Ave
- Over 20 homes in Boulder Hill are competing in a decorating contest! Here is a link to all the homes participating! https://tinyurl.com/BHXmas18
Plainfield (Appx 1 hour loop)
http://mapq.st/2QoNqNJ (click for a drivable map of Plainfield lights!)
- 12941 Greenfield Drive
- 24006 Joseph Ave.
- 23337 W. Grinton Dr
- 13734 S. Parkfalls Court
- 25206 Knoll Road
- 25424 Bower Court
- 12733 Hawks Bill Lane
- 13202 Blackstone Lane